Saturday, October 04, 2008

Frozen "Boys"

I was really excited last Friday when the Contractor announced that he would not be working on Saturday. I was very excited because I could now take my scouts to the University Falls located by Georgetown, CA.

After driving 1.5 hours we got to the trail head. We enjoyed an almost 3 mile hike to the falls.


There some interesting obstacles along the way.

The top of the falls.
University Falls.
The trip was amazing overall! If I could change 1 thing it would be to increase the temperature of the water. That is not going to happen anytime of year due to it being snow runoff. Anyway, here are some videos of the frozen "boys."





This last video is a conglomerate. We tried to contain the agony associated with the freezing cold water. Everyone made quick work of getting out as soon as you hit the water.

5 comments:

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Awesome. That one kid trying to warm up on the rocks was killin' me.

Anonymous said...

We've been to 4 Falls too! Its so fun and makes for a great reward at the end of a hike. Looks like tons of fun.
-Ellie

Curtis said...

Tss Tss. Come to Denver. We have all the icy water you could hope for.

Emily Gardner said...

I think chilly water might just prepare the scouts for snow camping--or don't they do snow camping in California? (Without snow camping, what stories would my brothers have to tell about?)

chief said...

Hilarious. Almost makes me want cold water in TN so I could punish,er, I mean let my scouts enjoy it.