Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Bri's Big Girl Bed

We finally bought Brianna a toddler bed! She's been starting to try and climb in and out of the crib, and though she's probably still too short to be successful, she's getting close. (And since my sister broke her neck climbing out of her crib, I'm a little more paranoid!!!)
We found this nice bed on craigslist that the family had only had for a month and their son wouldn't sleep in it!!! We got a great deal on a practically new bed! I was nervous that Bri wouldn't do well in it! But, so far she loves it! She doesn't get out of bed and stays there and plays quietly with her baby until she goes to sleep!!! Now we just need to take the crib apart and put it in the garage so her new bed can be put in the right place!

Brianna seems to be growing up too fast for me! She's talking a ton now and I love having little conversations with her! She talks in lots of sentences and phrases and often repeats the last few words we say in a question form? She also is becoming more and more of a 2 year old! Some of her favorite phrases lately: (notice they are her favorites, not mine!!!!)

"Stop it Mommy, My do it!!!", "My turn!" "Non't Want It!" "What you doing?/ "How you doing?" (repeated over and over throughout the day!!) And probably the most common thing I hear "I want more Dora!!!" She's becoming very independent and lets me know it!!! She is still teething and 2 of her incisors are breaking through which has added to a little more meltdowns and tantrums, but most of the time she is a very pleasant and easy going child! She brings a lot of laughter and fun into our home.

We also noticed the other day that her hair is getting really long. I can actually braid it in two pony tails! She hasn't had a hair cut in a long time and will definitely need one from her Aunt Christine when we visit for Thanksgiving!


7 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my goodness she looks so big with her hair down!!! She is growing up!

Danielle said...

Whoa! Her hair really is long! I keep cutting the back of Charlotte's so the front can catch up. I can't wait until it's long enough to do fun stuff. Bri's hair makes her look so old!

Christine said...

cute bed! At least she did not need a tent first!

Emily Gardner said...

she looks scary old in this picture . . . what did you do with the real Bri? I just saw her in August!

WendyG said...

I echo Emily's comment!

Alicia said...

"Only" 1 1/2 more months till we get to see Bri! It'll be so fun to watch all the kids play together. She is SO cute in her big-girl bed! Give her hugs from Leash and Naters!

kim said...

Glad the big girl bed is going so well! We are avoiding that change as long as we can, but we've been lucky so far with the lack of bed climbing (which is odd considering what a monkey Bugaboo is at all other times of the day).

I love that picture of her hair down--so beautiful :)