Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun

Brianna got to be a bunny for Halloween this year. A good friend gave us her daughter's costume from last year and it was perfect! She was very happy to be a bunny and especially loves her whiskers. She's always asking me, "make up whiskers mommy!!!" She cried the first time I wiped them off!

We had our ward's Trunk or Treat on Tuesday and she had a blast once she figured out that she could get candy at every car. Then there was no stopping her! I had forgotten her basket, so she used my purse which was nearly as big as she is!
When we got home all she wanted was her candy so I let her have one sucker and this was the result! She thought it was hilarious that her lips and teeth were blue! Unfortunately the next morning I went to go get her candy out of the linen closet where I hid it from her and found thousands of ants all over it! I also found hundreds of ants in our kitchen sink and in our food pantry. I even found ants crawling all over my clothes that were hung up in the closet!! Weird! So I spent the entire day killing ants and trying to find ways to prevent them from coming back. Once I had cleaned an area I would come back 10 minutes later and several more ants would have appeared. By 3:00 that afternoon the only thing I had done was kill ants since I had woken up! I'm still finding some several days later, but at least it's not in the thousands anymore!
Brianna goes to a group called Music Makers on Fridays that some moms from our ward have organized. Today they got to wear their costumes! Brianna started out really fussy, but as you can see she was really happy by the end. Here she is being "Frankenstein" for one of the games!

She was finally happy after pouting forever!
We carved our pumpkins on Wednesday and Brianna LOVED painting hers!
So proud of her finished product. When people come over she says "I maked it! I paint it!" and shows off her pumpkin and other things she's done!

We tried to get her to help with cleaning out the pumpkin, but as you can see, she didn't like the guts at all!

Chad hadn't carved a pumpkin since he was a teenager so he really had fun!
Here's our finished product. We just wanted something simple and we are excited to put it on our porch tonight! Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all night and tomorrow! Hopefully we won't get too wet trick or treating! Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

I can so relate to the ants invasion! I had the same thing happen a couple of days ago [minus the candy]. They just started appearing everywhere, but especially all over our kitchen floor. I found where they were coming in under the baseboards and I put cinnamon and cayenne pepper in a mound blocking it. [They hate those spices.] It worked. :)

erin said...

Kimberly,
I'll defintely be trying those spices out! Some of the other home remedies I tried don't seem to be working too well!

Heather said...

what a cute bunny. She has such a cute girlie face. I love it!

And, I'm lovin' the key fob. I'm going to blog about it to link to your etsy store. Thanks!!! My blog is private - did I already invite you? If not, let me know and send me an email to happyfam@gmail.com

Alicia said...

Bri Bri makes a pretty cute bunny! I'm sorry about the ants. What a bummer. Painting the pumpkin is such a great idea for little ones! We'll have to try that next year.

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

That has got to be the most adorable bunny I have every seen. I am glad that you guys had a nice Halloween!