Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bishop's Pumpkin Patch

My parents arrived Monday afternoon after we returned from the zoo! We woke Brianna up from a very short nap to drive up to Bishop's Pumpkin Patch! It was a little over an hour away, but we were told it was the best! And it was! Chad was able to get off of work a little early to join us too!!! (He deserved a break too because he took his huge 16 hour, 2 day Professional Engineering test this last weekend and he needed something fun to do!)


We took a free hay ride to the pumpkins!



Brianna fell in love with this little pumpkin! We hoped to leave it behind, but she wouldn't get on the hay ride to go back without it!

She wished she could've taken this one, but it was just too heavy!

Sitting with Grandpa and her prized pumpkin!!! We were glad when we were able to set it aside and pick a prettier rounder pumpkin later!!! The pumpkin we finally bought to take home!
They had a cute little petting farm! Here's my family posing as the animals!

Brianna really wanted to pick this goat up, but she just couldn't hold on to him! I'm sure he was grateful!

My parents treated us to a ride on the train at the farm! Bri doing her "do doo loodle doo" dance on the train"!There were also a few playgrounds with slides, a huge slide for older kids and on the weekends there are pig races and other shows! They also had a fabulous bakery where my dad bought us some pumpkin pie that was delicious!!!

We went out to dinner and headed home worn out from a long long day!!! But, my dad's birthday was over the weekend so we surprised him with a little cake and some presents! We played for a little bit and then headed to bed early!

Emily left really early in the morning and my parents left at lunch time! So it was a really quick trip, but we were so glad they all took the time to travel the extra 2 hours each way to see us! Thanks for coming you guys we loved having you!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

looks like fun! i always love how animated bri bri is in her pics!

kim said...

That's fun that you were able to have family visitors--its always hard to be one of the few who lives away from everyone, but looks like your family is great about coming out!

Amanda and Steve said...

I need a kid to take to a pumpkin patch. Can I borrow yours?

Neighbor Keith said...

I used to go there EVERY YEAR--in fact, my family drove from Jerome, Idaho, to California last week on a whim by my mother to go to there. (It helped that my sister's marching band was performing in Sacramento, but she really just wanted to go to Bishop's pumpkin farm) I love their cider.

Anonymous said...

I love all your pics!! I can't wait to see that dance in person!! I'm sure if Bri is alseep that you would do a wonderful job!! :D
Heather

Jay and Megan said...

The picture of Dad is Hysterical!!!