Thursday, May 31, 2012

Modified Bed Rest

A couple of months ago I started having contractions all the time. Not your normal Braxton Hicks contractions, but what felt like the real deal. I have had an average of 20-30 a day for the last 2 1/2 months. It has been hard feeling like you're going into labor every day. I was diagnosed with an Irritable Uterus! What a strange name for my condition! Anyway, any type of activity induces the contractions, and I also have them for no reason at all when I'm laying down and resting. I also wake up at night with painful contractions!!! I am so grateful to have made it as far as I have...I'm almost 36 weeks!! The last few days the contractions have gotten worse and worse and closer together. I have no idea when this baby will come. She could come today, or weeks from now! This whole idea of feeling like I'm constantly in labor is annoying, but I'm grateful we made it this far. It's hard to sit on the couch all day with 2 little girls to care for and a house to keep clean. Luckily, I've had my mother in law come out for a week and my sister came out for a week with her daughter. I've occasionally had the girls off to play dates, and my friend got us a house cleaner for a few months! How nice is that? So I feel incredibly blessed and we are ready to have this little girl come join our family soon! Just hoping to make it til at least Saturday after Brianna's first dance recital!

1 comment:

Amanda and Steve said...

Wow, Erin, that is so stressful! I'm so glad that you haven't had her early. Good luck!